Google Search

Custom Search

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Troy Hartman, 1974, USA


Today in our community - Troy Hartman, "crazy" ;) sky-surfer. Troy have personal site.

From biography :
- - - - - - -
I was born on October 31, 1974 in Mammoth, California. Anybody who lives in California knows that Mammoth Mountain is one of the best ski resorts in the world. I started skiing at the age of 2. My dad would tie a rope around my waist and then send me down the mountain while he skied right behind me and held me upright with the rope. Of course, I don't remember any of this. It is only what I have heard.

...

I was so influenced by the movies that I decided I wanted to go to the Air Force Academy after watching "Top Gun". I did everything necessary to get accepted there, and that is where I ended up 5 days after high school graduation. I stayed in the Air Force for four years while earning my "wings" as a flight instructor. I also did my first parachute jump during this time. After I left the military I moved to San Luis Obispo, California to finish my degree in Aeronautical Engineering. On the weekends I would go skysurfing and occasionally "canal surfing", where my friends and I would surf in a nearby canal while being pulled by a car.

...

One day I got a phone call from MTV to audition for a new show called "Senseless Acts of Video." I really liked the concept for the show and was crossing my fingers that I would get the job. But I did not get called back right away, so I assumed I lost out on that one. But I actually got called back over a month later and was told I got it. I was stoked! We shot the pilot show in the summer of 1999 and when it aired it was a total success. We got picked up as a series and that is what I am doing today. I am now living in Los Angeles.
- - - - - - -

Video with Troy :


On his personal site - more video and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment